This department looks after the following functions:
- Legal Services - To provide legal support to the core and support divisions. This division has since been transferred to the Top Management and now reporting directly to the City Manager.
- Public Relations & Cultural Affairs - to disseminate information to the public & media. This division has since been transferred to the Top Management and now reporting directly to the City Manager.
- Transport (Internal) - to look after NCDC's fleet. This division has since been transferred to the Engineering and now reporting directly to the Dy. City Manager - Engineering.
- Policies - to devise corporate policies
- EOSDP - Employment Oriented Skills Development Project
- Gym and Taurama Leisure Centre - Listed for outsourcing
- Tourism Promotion
- Finance and Administration
Finance and Administration Division is not a core department of the Commission, however plays a vital role in assisting other core departments in formulating policies, controlling expenditures and expanding its revenue base. The division has undergone various functional changes over a period of time that resulted in realignment of some of its functions with Corporate Affairs.
FinanceThe primary responsibility of this section is budgeting, expanding our revenue base to meet the demands, cash flow management, treasury functions, book-keeping, processing and authentication of expenditure claims, debt recovery management, Management Information System via financial reporting, external audits, liaise with Constitutional offices such as Auditor General Office, Public Accounts Committee & Ombudsman Commission and producing various reports like operation reports.
AdministrationLooks after properties including institutional houses, Insurance, Admin support services such as Maintenance, Procurement, Utility services and Security arrangements.
Human ResourcesThis Division looks after Recruitment, Training, Performance assessment, Industrial Relations, HR Policies, Staff matters and Payroll and organisation structure. The Commission has total staff strength of about 750 including casuals.
Information TechnologyThis section is responsible for Safety of data stored in computers, network maintenance and maintenance of all electronic equipments and communication servers.
For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org